Balchik is a Black Sea coastal town and seaside resort in the Southern Dobruja area of northeastern Bulgaria, located 42 km northeast of Varna. The town sprawls scenically along hilly terraces descending from the Dobruja plateau to the sea.
Balchik attracts tourists with its ancient atmosphere, beautiful views and with the palace and its lovely botanical garden.
Places to visit:
- Take a walk in the Tatar Quarter with its pebbled streets and stone houses.
- The Quiet Nest Palace, constructed between 1924-1931 for the needs of Queen Marie of Romania, is a fascinating place to visit.
- The picturesque botanical garden is definitely a must-see. It is the home of more than 2000 plant species including the second largest in the world collection of cactus plants, after the one in Monaco, made up of more than 250 species.
- The town Art Gallery is delightful.
- The coastal alley, 4 km long, is a nice place to take a walk. Visit the ethnographic museum and the beautiful old church called St. Nikola.
Hotel Valeo in Balchik
Hotel of Valeo is located on the coast street of Balchik. Here the modern style meets the historical atmosphere of the town with its botanic and architectural park complex "Palace".
Hotel Mistral in Balchik
Located on the front line, immediately by the marina bay and looking over the sea, Mistral hotel welcomes you with friendly atmosphere.